GRANTS AWARDED 2013
GRANTS AWARDED 2012
GRANTS AWARDED 2011
GRANTS AWARDED 2010
GRANTS AWARDED 2009
GRANTS AWARDED 2008
GRANTS AWARDED 2007
GRANTS AWARDED 2006
GRANTS AWARDED 2005
Pasadena Art Alliance Mission Statement
The purpose of the Pasadena Art Alliance is to foster appreciation
for contemporary visual arts in Southern California by supporting
artists, exhibitions, educational programs and art-oriented, non-profit
Grant Making Criteria
Guidelines and Requirements for Grant Proposals
- All proposals must fall within the purpose of the Pasadena Art Alliance as written in the Mission Statement and must articulate how the requested funds will advance the Mission Statement. The specific need for the requested funds should be made clear. Furthermore, the proposal should state the relationship between the proposed funds and “contemporary visual art.” If the proposed project has more than a purely visual component, please explain how the contemporary visual art component predominates.
For specific eligibility questions, please contact the Grants Chair before submitting your proposal at: Grants@Pasadenaartalliance.org or by calling 626-795-9276.
- Although grants are awarded to organizations throughout Los Angles County and Southern California, preference is given to those located in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Funding is available only to qualified tax–exempt organizations, never to individuals.
- Funding for educational support will be considered, with priority given to college and graduate level programs.
- Funding of capital requests will not be considered.
- Funding for exhibitions of student work will not be considered.
- The grant must be scheduled for use between March 1, 2014 and March 1, 2015. If unusual circumstances require that the grant be used prior to or beyond this time frame, written approval from the Grants Chair must be obtained before submitting the proposal. Without prior written approval, such proposals shall be deemed ineligible.
- The Pasadena Art Alliance will be credited in all published and online communications concerning the grant project.
- A final report outlining how the grant has been allocated, as well as the manner in which the PAA was credited, must be submitted to the Pasadena Art Alliance upon completion of the project. No further proposals will be considered until this report is received. To easily access this report you will be contacted by email and sent a link to Survey Monkey.
the spirit of going “green,” the Art Alliance requests
that applicants limit the number of pages of the proposal, including
attachments. Proposals should be printed
double-sided in a simple, 12 point type face. Proposals
must include the following information:
- General information regarding your organization.
- Copy of the IRS letter confirming your tax-exempt status.
- Description of the project, including a well defined description of the group who will benefit from funding.
- How the requested funds will advance the Pasadena Art Alliance’s Mission Statement as set forth above.
- Digital images on a CD or DVD (1 copy), representative of the project in jpg, tiff or pdf format.
- Detailed and complete budget of the proposed project, including secured or pending sources of funding.
- Current Board of Directors list for your organization.
- Information regarding financial support for your organization.
- Name and contact information for the project supervisor, including e-mail address.
- Itemized list of attachments.
Twenty-two copies (22) of the
proposal and one copy (1) of the organization’s
profit/loss statement must be postmarked no
later than September
15, 2013 and submitted to:
C/o Pasadena Art Alliance
464 East Walnut Street, Suite 226
Pasadena, CA 91101-1690
Grant applicants will be informed of the final decision
concerning their application no later than March 1st, 2014.