PAA Grant Guidelines
Pasadena Art Alliance Mission Statement
The purpose of the Pasadena Art Alliance is to foster appreciation for contemporary visual arts in Southern California by supporting artists, exhibitions, educational programs and art-oriented, non-profit institutions.
Grant Making Criteria
- All proposals must fall within the purpose of the Pasadena Art Alliance as written in the Mission Statement and must articulate how the requested funds will advance the Mission Statement. The specific need for the requested funds should be made clear. Furthermore, the proposal should state the relationship between the proposed funds and “contemporary visual art.” If the proposed project has more than a purely visual component, please explain how the contemporary visual art component predominates.
- For specific eligibility questions, please contact the Grants Chair before submitting your proposal at: email@example.com .
- Although grants are awarded to organizations throughout Los Angeles County, preference is given to those located in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Funding is available only to qualified tax–exempt organizations, never to individuals.
- Funding for educational support will be considered for college and graduate school programs only. For educational programs for youth, please see the PAA Impact Award application.
- Funding of capital requests will not be considered.
- Funding for exhibitions of student work will not be considered.
- The grant must be scheduled for use between March 1, 2020 and March 1, 2021. If unusual circumstances require that the grant be used prior to or beyond this time frame, written approval from the Grants Chair must be obtained before submitting the proposal. Without prior written approval, such proposals shall be deemed ineligible.
- The Pasadena Art Alliance will be credited in all published and online communications concerning the grant project.
- A final report outlining how the grant has been allocated, as well as the manner in which the PAA was credited, must be submitted to the Pasadena Art Alliance upon completion of the project. No further proposals will be considered until this report is received. To easily access this report, immediate past year recipients may click here.
Guidelines and Requirements for Grant Proposals
In the spirit of going “green,” the Art Alliance requests that applicants limit the number of pages of the proposal, including attachments. We discourage submission of excess material. Proposals should be printed double-sided in a simple, 12 point type face. Proposals must include the following information:
- General information regarding your organization.
- Copy of the IRS letter confirming your tax-exempt status.
- Description of the project, including a well defined description of the group who will benefit from funding.
- How the requested funds will advance the Pasadena Art Alliance’s Mission Statement as set forth above.
- Digital images, representative of the project, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed and complete budget of the proposed project, including secured or pending sources of funding.
- Current Board of Directors list for your organization.
- Information regarding financial support for your organization.
- Name and contact information for the project supervisor, including e-mail address.
- Itemized list of attachments.
Twenty-four copies (24) of the proposal and one copy (1) of the organization’s profit/loss statement must be postmarked no later than September 15, 2019 and submitted to:
c/o Pasadena Art Alliance
1028 North Lake Avenue, Suite 104
Pasadena, CA 91104
Grant applicants will be informed of the final decision concerning their application no later than March 1st, 2020.