PAA Grant Guidelines
Pasadena Art Alliance Mission Statement
The purpose of the Pasadena Art Alliance is to foster appreciation for contemporary visual arts in Southern California by supporting artists, exhibitions, educational programs and art-oriented, non-profit institutions.
Grant Making Criteria
- All proposals must fall within the purpose of the Pasadena Art Alliance as written in the Mission Statement and must articulate how the requested funds will advance the Mission Statement. The specific need for the requested funds should be made clear. Furthermore, the proposal should state the relationship between the proposed funds and “contemporary visual art.” If the proposed project has more than a purely visual component, please explain how the contemporary visual art component predominates.
- The PAA does not fund the following:
- Capital requests
- Individual artists
- Student exhibitions
- Exhibitions that raise money by selling art
- For specific eligibility questions, please contact the Grants Chair before submitting your proposal at: email@example.com .
- Although grants are awarded to organizations throughout Los Angeles County, preference is given to those located in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Funding is available only to qualified tax–exempt organizations, never to individuals.
- The grant must be scheduled for use between March 1, 2024 and March 1, 2025. If unusual circumstances require that the grant be used prior to or beyond this time frame, written approval from the Grants Chair must be obtained before submitting the proposal. Without prior written approval, such proposals shall be deemed ineligible.
- The Pasadena Art Alliance will be credited in all published and online communications concerning the grant project.
- A final report outlining how the grant has been allocated, as well as the manner in which the PAA was credited, must be submitted to the Pasadena Art Alliance upon completion of the project. An interim report must be submitted for any grant proposals that are not complete by September 1. No further proposals will be considered until this report is received.
- For educational programs for youth, please see the PAA Impact Award application.
- The grant application must be submitted through the PAA Portal no later than September 15, 2023.
Application and Deadline
Applications must be completed no later than September 15, 2023 by submitting the online application using the link below:
Grant applicants will be informed of the final decision concerning their application no later than March 1st, 2024.